EIS Overview Training
The goal of this training is to give you an overview of the first nine volumes in The Effective Interpreting Series (EIS) with an emphasis on improving your teaching.
Individual Volume Training
In a 2-day training session, a more in-depth treatment of a single volume of EIS is available. These trainings offer guidance in teaching intralingual skills followed by interlingual skills.
This allows you to enjoy training in all 9 volumes. This training may be offered in two 3-day sessions.
Trainings of 3 or 4 days can also be arranged upon request.
All trainings will cover the following information about EIS:
- Assumptions behind EIS
- Overview of how to use the materials in the volumes being discussed more effectively
- How to fit EIS into existing curricula
- How specific information and skill building provided in each volume can improve student outcomes
Number of Participants
The maximum of participants is twenty (20).
All trainings are presented in spoken English. Interpreting services, if needed are the responsibility of the host site.
Requirements for Training (Training Time, Room, Equipment, Texts, Expenses)
Roles and Responsibilities
Cancellation Policy — Once a contract has been agreed upon by both parties, the following cancellation policy is in effect.
- All out-of- pocket expenses refunded at any time of cancellation
- Cancellation 3 months in advance of booked date is to be paid at 50% of honorarium
- Cancellation 2 months in advance - 75% of honorarium
- Cancellation 1 month in advance - full honorarium