DawnSignPress added to the growing list of quality on-demand streaming ASL with Clayton Valli's ASL Poetry available through Vimeo. Valli(1951-2003) was one of his generation's recognized innovators of ASL Poetics. A professor of Linguistics and Interpreting at Gallaudet University, Valli's seminal research detailed his vision of ASL poetry.
Joe Dannis, head of DawnSignPress says: "Valli offered ASL Poetry in ways you never thought of before - for practice of the language, inspiration, insight, and hours of viewing pleasure! It's a privilege to make it available for Vimeo audiences."
In addition to the twenty-one Valli poems performed by various signers with a running time of over 100 minutes, ASL Poetry includes bonus clips of Valli from a series of video letters. Valli also explains ASL poetry terms like stanza, meter, initialized handshapes, and numerical handshapes.
A sampling of DawnSignPress's titles currently on Vimeo include:
- Tomorrow Dad Will Still Be Deaf
- Fingerspelling Expressive & Receptive Fluence
- Bummy's Basic Parlimentary Workshop
- Bragg on Bragg
- A to Z: ABC Stories in ASL
- Charles Krauel: A Profile of a Deaf Filmmaker
- Audism Unveiled
- Best Whiskey In The West
- The New The Boy Who Cried Wolf
- The New Goldilocks and The Three Bears
- The New Stone Soup
- The New Little Red Riding Hood
- The New Three Little Pigs
- The New Jack and the Beanstalk
- The Magic Mirror
Click here to get started!